Reproducible N2O Measurement
Measurement of the nitrous oxide levels in vehicle emissions is becoming increasingly important because N2O with 298 CO2 equivalent possesses a very high global warming potential.
- Compact stand-alone or 19" rack-mount analyzer module
- High selectivity and sensitivity
- No cross sensitivity to CO, CO2, H2O, NOX, CXHX
- Easy operation and calibration
- Short rise times T90: < 2 sec.
- Low detection limit: < 10 ppb
- No LN2 cooling required
- Certification of cars and internal combustion engines in accordance with future emissions legislation, e.g.
- EPA 40 CFR 1065
- EPA 40 CFR 1066, WLTP GTR
- Matches the requirements in terms of EURO VI
- Universal application in research, development and quality assurance
The QCL laser module is designed to emit laser light to measure N2O in the MIR range. The advantage of using a Quantum Cascade Laser is the extremely narrow band width of the emitted laser light, where a very high selectivity to the desired measurement component can be achieved. When measured over a long path gas-flow cell the coupled laser light is partially absorbed. The absorption rate determined by the analyzer software is a measure of the concentration of the component gas.